An established Sarasota Law Firm specializing in Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate and Guardianship is seeking a full-time paralegal to assist with growing practice needs. The selected candidate will work in the firm’s office located near downtown Sarasota. You will be joining a team of attorneys and staff and will have the opportunity to play and important role in the long-term success of the firm.
The candidate will provide support to the attorneys in all phases of probate and guardianship, including preparation and drafting of correspondence, pleadings, and other documents, preparing deeds and beneficiary designation forms, and preparing and filing pleadings with the Court and submitting documents to the probate coordinator and Clerk of Court. The candidate will have direct and extensive contact with clients, beneficiaries, interested persons, probate courts, attorneys, medical professionals, fiduciaries, financial professionals, home health care providers, geriatric care managers, long-term care facilities, among others.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and excellent writing and communication skills;
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documents, and Florida probate and guardianship rules and procedures;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook, Adobe PDF, and case management software;
- Experience filing documents electronically via Florida E-Filing Portal;
- Able to work both collectively with attorneys and staff, and independently;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, and ability to maintain client confidentiality;
- Exemplary client services skills in corresponding and interacting with clients;
- Quick-learner, self-motivated, with a positive attitude and ability to prioritize.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies or related field desirable;
- NALA Certified Paralegal (CP) or Florida Registered Paralegal (FRP) preferred, but not required;
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience preferred.
- Health Insurance & Health Savings Account
- Paid Vacation/PTO
- Paid Holidays
- CLE paid
- Weekly/biweekly firm lunches
Depending on Qualifications ($50,000 - $65,000)
Contact: If interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com